POMF Scholarship Application
The deadline to apply for a scholarship from the Peace Officers Memorial Foundation is April 28, 2017.
The POMF Scholarship Program was developed from a strong sense of commitment to peace officers’ and their families. The scholarship program was instituted for funding higher education for peace officers’ dependents. Scholarship awards are $500, and the number of awards is subject to program funding.
See the current winners here.
College Scholarship guidelines and requirements
1) The applicant’s parent or guardian must be a certified peace officer or detention officer in the State of Texas at the time of application for scholarship or at the time of the parent’s death.
2) Letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor of the applicant.
3) Recipient must be a full-time student at the time of application, taking at least 12 hours of college credit, or applied to be a full-time student.
4) Attendance must be at an accredited junior college, community college or four-year college or university.
5) One scholarship will be awarded in each CLEAT region.
6) A complete scholarship application package includes:
a. Scholarship Information Form, completed and signed by applicant,
b. Resume of school and community activities (no more than two pages,
c. Photo of applicant (for publication purposes)
d. Letter of recommendation.
e. An essay of 150-200 words stating why you feel you qualify for a